Yoga has been essential for our culture. It signifies “to join with oneself” or “become one.” Yoga assists with joining the body, mind, and breathing simultaneously. Surya Namaskar is a significant part of the act of yoga. Surya Namaskar, likewise called Sun Salutation, is an old yogic act of offering appreciation to the sun. Seven unique stances or Asana are done consistently into a particular 12 stages design in a Surya Namaskar.
Surya Namaskar is the Sanskrit name for arranging twelve yoga asanas, also called a Sun Salutation. It is possibly the most broadly realized yoga rehearsal, consolidated into a few unique conventions, such as Hatha, Vinyasa, and Ashtanga. The term “Surya Namaskar” is derived from two Sanskrit roots; Surya, signifying “sun”, and namaskar, signifying “welcome” or ‘greetings’”.
The term Surya Namaskar was used as a strategy for offering appreciation to the sun. In the Indian culture, the preparation came, the sun is seen as the wellspring of all life, as needs are essential. In Hinduism, Surya is the God of the sun, perceived to be the maker of the universe, and in Vedic convention, the sun represents cognizance and the Divine. In that capacity, Surya Namaskar is viewed as perhaps the main yoga rehearsal. Surya Namaskar is additionally alluded to as Sun Salutation in English.
At Triguna Yoga India, we include Surya Namaskar in all our courses, specially in 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh.
Surya Namaskar Yoga Advantages
it provides the following benefits:
- The overall stance of the body is improved with the formation of a solid and adaptable spine.
- Improvement of blood course to the entire spinal and paraspinal zone.
- Improvement of musculoskeletal elements of the upper and lower limbs.
- Cardio-respiratory capacities are improved.
- Digestion of the body is improved.
- Initiation of the languid neuroendocrine framework.
- Lifts invulnerable framework. Processing is improved.
Important Asanas of Surya Namskar
Surya Namaskar is done in 12 stages or stances successively as referenced beneath Pranamasana (first and twelfth posture), Hasta Uttanasana (second & eleventh posture), Hastapaadasana (third & 10th present), Ashwa Sanchalanasana (fourth and ninth posture), Adho Mukha Svanasana (parvatasana (fifth and eighth posture)), Ashtanga Namaskara (sixth posture), Bhujangasana (seventh posture), Adho Mukha Svanasana/Parvatasana, Ashwa Sanchalanasana, Hastapaadasana, Hasta Uttanasana, and Pranamasana.
What is the best time to do Surya Namaskar?
Surya Namaskar should be possible whenever in the day. Nonetheless, the best opportunity to do Surya Namaskar is at dawn, as openness to the sun initiates our sun-oriented plexus.
Precautions prior to rehearsing Surya Namaskar
- Prior to rehearsing Surya Namaskar, a satisfactory warm-up ought to be finished.
- Try not to eat or drink preceding and subsequent to doing Surya Namaskar.
- It ought to be appropriately synchronized with relaxing.
- Surya Namaskara ought to be maintained a strategic distance from during the periods and pregnancy.
- On the off chance that you have any clinical issue, if it’s not too much trouble counsel your primary care physician.
- It ought to be acted in a tranquil spot with outside air.
Surya Namaskar and weight reduction
As Surya Namaskar includes full-body developments and extending, it assists with shedding the additional fat from your body. In addition, some clinical examinations have indicated that Surya Namaskar is powerful in weight reduction.
Is Surya Namaskar supportive of solid skin and hair?
Surya Namaskar improves the blood supply to the scalp that gives satisfactory sustenance to our hair. Thus, at last, forestalls going bald. In addition, an expanded blood course to the skin assists with keeping up solid and youthful skin.
At Rishikesh Yoga Studio, we preach that we should rehearse Surya Namaskar consistently to encounter its astounding medical advantages. Moreover, it is encouraged to do it under the management of a prepared yoga instructor if you have any ailment.