It is no secret that practicing yoga is beneficial for a mother, from pregnancy to after delivery. Practicing yoga with your toddler is just another way to start bonding with them. Not to mention how wonderful it is for boosting development in infants and toddlers.
Yoga Teachers suggest that introducing your baby to yoga places the foundation for a healthy future. Here are some benefits of doing yoga with your baby:
- Digestion – It is known to aid in better digestion for your baby and reduces colic gas.
- Development – The gentle movements kick off motor skill development and neuromuscular development in your little one and fostering the mind/body connection.
- Promotes exercise – It does wonder for establishing healthy habits that will stick with your child till the future.
- Stress buster – Help reduce the anxiety that is common for new mothers to face and creates a peaceful environment.
- Sleep – It can improve sleep for baby and mother so that your family sleeps better and longer.
- Parent-child bonding – It is a great way to strengthen the bond that you already share with your little one.
- Self-esteem – It increases your confidence in handling your little one. Make sure that your little one is willing to practice with you.
Health Benefits of Yoga for Moms
In 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, it has been recognized that different yoga postures and positions have incredible health benefits. Here are some benefits of yoga for a new mom.
Spine and Bone Health
In yoga, many postures that you must maintain for a long time by using the weight of your own. These postures help strengthen the bones of the arms and legs. Yoga school in Rishikesh explains yoga can also promote calcium in the bones because yoga tends to lower cortisol in the body.
Yoga practices like Vinyasa, Ashtanga, and power yoga can help new mom lose weight by increasing your heart rate enough, unlike other yoga that is insufficient to increase your heart rate enough to help lose weight.
Becoming a mom is one of the most stressful tasks for a woman. There are a lot of things on new mother’s minds that will cause them to be stressed. Yoga can help with this increased amount of stress. Yoga allows a new mother to relax for at least an hour a day and find time for herself.
It can be an emotional ride for the woman if she is expecting her first child. Yoga helps one to improve mental stability and reduces nervousness. Yoga exercises like “anulom-vilom” help a new mother concentrating on her breath, this exercise gives one to thinks calmy and balances hormones.
A good night’s rest when pregnant can become difficult. Yoga classes in Rishikesh can help improve sleep. Yoga practices like anulom-vilom, aanikumbha, can be mix into your bedtime routine to support better sleep. Performing yoga for good sleep is always better, as it keeps you and your mind healthy and peaceful.